Friday, August 15, 2014

moving day

As the title may suggest, it's moving day tomorrow! What!? That happened so fast! I feel like I just got home from Barbados last week, but that was almost four weeks ago! Since then I've literally been up to my eyeballs in diy projects! They are coming along nicely (not without a few hiccups, but I'll talk about that another time), but I honestly don't think a lot of our furniture will be ready. I haven't put the first coat of varnish on our kitchen table, chairs, or TV stand ... I guess we will be having picnic dinners the first few nights.

Tonight we are loading up the moving truck so we are ready to move tomorrow. I have insisted on painting the living room and bedroom before we move in, so if all goes to plan I will be painting at 8:00 am and moving stuff in, in the afternoon. Wish us luck!

Since I don't have any pretty pictures to share from my projects yet, I thought I would share a few of my pinterest inspirations!

source
source
source
source
I'm literally obsessed with bar carts right now. I need one, I want one, I must have one. And I found that exact one with the sort of star burst brass design and teak legs on craigslist in Michigan. I'm going to try and negotiate the price but I think it's fate!

As you can probably tell I'm going for a lot of deep navy blues, blacks, greys and creams. I'm painting the walls a light grey and hoping that our green/grey couches will look good with it!

Now back to packing up my life! See you on the flip side, Cherry Avenue here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment