Thursday, May 8, 2014

whirl wind

I think "whirl wind" is a pretty good title for my life right now. I moved back home from London on Saturday and I'm still pretty much living out of boxes. Half of my stuff went into storage and the rest was brought back to my parents house. Unfortunately, my stuff was dispersed between three vehicles for the move and my attempt at organizing and labelling each box's intended destination failed. This means that I've spent the last few days searching for things I need to pack only to realize the box I need accidentaly ended up in storage. Ugh!


But the packing process is proving to be a bit of a challenge. I'm a "What-if-I-need-this-What-if-I-don't-like-this-How-can-I-choose-just-one-Have-to-have-it-all" kind of packer. You know? In the beginning I always try to plan outfits, but then a little voice inside my head asks, "But what if you don't want to wear that shirt with those shorts?" Which then leads me to packing 3 other shirts that go with those shorts, because who knows how I'll be feeling that day. That's a common problem right?? But I think I'm doing pretty well right now. I am aware that I am over-packing slightly but I'm gone for 10 weeks! I keep finding blogger tutorials like "How to pack a carry-on for 1 week" or "What to pack for a month long backpacking trip through Europe" BUT no one has made a tutorial on "What to pack for a two and a half month long internship on an island that is seriously hot and humid." And I'm not about to because I'm basically putting my whole "summer wardrobe" and a bunch of work clothes into a suitcase and hoping for the best.


At last weigh-in, both of my checked luggage are at the max (50lbs). Oops. Let's hope my scale at home is accurate or weighs heavy. My carry-on and "purse" (a massive tote bag I'm hoping to pass off as a purse) are also both jammed packed. AND I'm leaving behind a few pairs of shoes for my mom to bring when she visits this month.

I'm currently scrambling around the house while crossing things off my to-do list/packing list. I leave tonight to head to Toronto and my flight takes off early tomorrow morning. Hopefully my next post will be while I'm sitting on my porch soaking up the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment